NOTICE OF FURTHER CONSULTATION ON RECOMMENDED CHANGES TO THE WEST DEVON SUBMISSION CORE STRATEGY*
The Council submitted its Core Strategy to the Secretary of State for independent examination in July 2010.
Between 16th and 25th November 2010, an Examination in Public (EiP) about the Core Strategy took place. This involved a number of public hearing sessions, led by independent planning inspector, Mr Paul Crysell (BSc MSc MRTPI), at which objectors and invited parties took part in discussions about the plan.
Following the EiP, the Council is recommending some further changes to the Core Strategy for the Inspector to consider. The Council is also publishing some additional supporting evidence that was made available after the Core Strategy was submitted. (Please see the enclosed List of Documents for Further Consultation for more information).
The Council is inviting people to comment on these changes and the additional evidence during a seven week consultation period from:
16th December 2010 – 3rd February 2011.
Comments will be accepted only to the changes and the additional evidence. Further comments on those parts of the Core Strategy not affected by the changes will not be considered. People making comments can say whether they accept or reject the recommended changes, giving their reasons for doing so.
Copies of these documents are available to view:
· At West Devon Borough Council Offices at Kilworthy Park, Tavistock and St James Street, Okehampton during normal opening hours
· At Okehampton and Tavistock libraries during normal opening hours
· On the Council’s website at www.westdevon.gov.uk/strategicplanning
Comments should be returned to the Council by 5pm on Thursday 3rd February 2011:
· By letter: The Strategic Planning Team, West Devon Borough Council, Kilworthy Park, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 0BZ
· By email: HIDDEN EMAIL
· By fax: 01822 813634
If you would like any more information please get in touch with the Strategic Planning Team on 01822 813600 or email HIDDEN EMAIL.
The Strategic Planning Team
* The West Devon Submission Core Strategy comprises the Regulation 27 Core Strategy (May 2009) and the Schedule of Focused Changes (April 2010).