Hatherleigh Town Council is responsible for representing the views of the community, developing ideas and projects that will benefit the town, and assisting with the management of the day to day affairs of the town. We meet on a monthly basis to discuss, consider and action a wide range of issues and requests, such as:
- Community safety
- Street lighting
- Playing areas
- War memorials
- Seats and shelters
- .. and many more issues that affect all of us on a day-to-day basis
In order to achieve this, we liaise as necessary with other local government bodies and civil agencies. We also work with community groups both within Hatherleigh and outside the town, and work to support our business community.
Within this site you will find details of some of the activities we are currently involved with, along with copies of the minutes of our meetings, and links to other agencies for issues that we are unable to help with.
If you have any suggestions or concerns that you would like us to consider, you can contact us through this website.
At our AGM every May we elect Councillors to stand as representatives in certain committees. Currently these are:
- Sportsfield — Cllr.Tyson
- Moor Management — Cllrs.Laycock, Holland and Lewis
- P3 Scheme (Parish Paths) — Cllr.Laing-Trengove
- Community Centre — Cllr.Laing-Trengove
- Northern Links — Cllrs.Tyson
- Allotment Association —
Other Council roles:
- Website Manager — Cllr.Tyson
- Play Equipment Inspector (councillors share this role)
- OkeRail Forum — Cllrs.Walters and Laycock
- Cemetery Clerks – Cllrs.Orbidans and Entwistle
EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Hatherleigh Town Council represents all members of the Hatherleigh Community. It welcomes and respects the opinions of all individuals and groups and attaches the utmost importance to the creation and maintenance of a community where equality for all is achieved, and diversity is respected and valued.