Local elections are happening on May 2nd 2019.
Some current Councillors are not standing again and we will have vacancies. If you would like a nomination pack please contact West Devon Borough Council or our clerk whose contact details are found on any agenda.
The deadline to submit nomination papers is Wednesday 3rd April at 4pm.
There will still be the option of co-option if there are vacancies following the elections.
Town Councillor elections are every four years.
Town Councillors are not affiliated with political parties.
A requirement of being a Town Councillor is that you must sign up to the Code of Conduct for Councillors.
To be eligible to stand as a Councillor you must:
• be a UK or commonwealth citizen; or be a citizen of the Republic of Ireland; or be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union.
• be a least 18 years old.
• be a registered elector of the parish; or
• for the whole of the previous 12 months have occupied (as owner or tenant) land or other premises in the parish; or
• during the previous 12 months have worked in the parish (as your principal or only place of work); or
• for the whole of the previous 12 months lived in the parish or within three miles of the parish boundary.